Peace of Mind is Now Affordable Echocardiograms and Electrocardiograms are often expensive to obtain, typically costing $1,500. Many individuals with heart conditions experience no symptoms and frequently insurance providers will not cover the cost of these exams. Families can be screened at Heartfelt events for a tax deductible donation of $85 per person. Additionally, Heartfelt Cardiac Projects secures sponsorship funding and grants to supplement costs in order to offer free screenings for the underserved and low income families, whenever possible.
What is”EF” EF, or Ejection Fraction, is the amount of blood pumped out of the heart during each beat or contraction. In a healthy heart 50-75% of the blood is pumped out during each beat. The EF is obtained with the Echocardiogram.
What is an Echocardiogram? An Echocardiogram (echo), or ultrasound, is a quick, simple, and painless test that displays moving images of the heart. This test is similar to having ultrasound pictures of an early pregnancy taken in women. The test can identify problems with the heart’s structure and also measures the pumping function of the heart to determine the EF.
What is an Electrocardiogram? An Electrocardiogram (ECG/EKG) is a device that measures the electrical activity of the heart and is used to detect heart rhythm problems. It is also quick, simple, and painless.
Why have a Cardiac screening?
• You have a family history of heart disease or sudden death
• You have been diagnosed with a heart murmur
• You have high blood pressure, diabetes, sleep apnea, high cholesterol, chronic lung condition, alcohol dependency, smoke, suffered a previous stroke, or have any other heart condition
• You are an athlete and are concerned about your heart health
• You want to learn more about your heart health
• You have not had and EKG or Echocardiogram in the past year
• You don’t know your Ejection Fraction (EF)
• You are looking for peace of mind
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN SCHEDULING A PERSONAL SCREENING OR WOULD LIKE TO ARRANGE FOR A SCREENING EVENT LOCALLY, PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW: